Sunday, February 22, 2009

All Good Things...

...must come to an end.

On my trip back to the US in January, I had my performance review, and in it, essentially the discussion was with regard to WHEN I was coming back the United States, not a matter of IF I was coming back.

So here is what it looks like my schedule will be:
  • 20 June 2009: SGBern Saanen Operations begin. (And I plan on being there!)
  • 4 July 2009: Kids last day of school.
  • 18 July 2009: Last day of SGBern's operations in Saanen.
  • 31 July 2009: The family living in our house in VA must be out.
  • 31 July 2009: We must be out of the house in Rüfenacht.

Now some of the less certain dates:
  • When the family goes back to the US: Unknown for certain, but Stacy wants out of Switzerland before the kids are out of school. I am not sure on the reasoning behind this, she's explained it to me many times, but it still doesn't click for me.
  • When the movers come to pick up the house's furniture and such
  • When I have to have the car returned to the dealer.

I do plan on living in a tent for like 3 weeks in Saanen, and living like a mountain man. I think the only stuff I will have will be a suitcase of a suitable number of clothes, my tent, my pillow, my air mattress, and my flight-related papers, such as logbook, etc. Oh I guess I will have my work laptop, too.

Now that we realize the end is near, I am trying to cram as much Swiss time in as possible, and trying to enjoy or savor every moment. I think Stacy and the kids all see this as the end of a miserable saga of torture and pain (Especially Jake would think that), and I know the relatives back in the US will all be so happy to see us come back to the US.

But me? I'm not as excited as everybody else.

The real estate agent has already started showing the house to prospective buyers; the real estate market is pretty sour right now in the US, and also in Switzerland, although to not the same extent that it is in the US. I suppose the owners wanted to have as much opportunity to try to sell the house while there are paying renters in the house, as they can.

No comments: